Skip to main content

Featured Post

House of Spooks ~ Halloween Special

Hey guys. Happy Halloween! I'm super proud of this story, I just love how it turned out, and I hope you guys enjoy it too. I just give a really quick thank you to my awesome neighbors for letting me shot in this old house on their land. ❤️ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Any aces?" "Nope, go fish." "Hey, Em! You ready to go?" Emerson asked as she and Candy walked into the kitchen. Emily turned in her seat, "Emerson, I already told you, you're fourteen years old I'm sixteen years old. I'm not taking you trick-or-treating." "But Emily, Candy is still thirteen. This is her last chance to go out on Halloween, but her mom said she could only go if I went with her, and Mom said I can only go if you go!" Emerson argued. "Yeah, but Janet and I have plans." Emily replied. 'Where you going to play 'Go Fis

Welcome to the Family ~ A Photo Story


Molly took a deep breath, trying to taking in the feeling of the place.
It was a warm day, a soft wind was whispering through the grass, and the stream murmured quietly.
It was a place for reminiscing, a place for thinking, a place for pondering...
"That's it!" Molly cried, "Ponder's creek. That's the perfect name, don't you think?"
  

"Umm, I'm not sure..." Heather said skeptically.
"Come on, Heather." Molly said pleadingly, "'Ponders Creek' would look so good on our map."


Claire rolled her eyes. "I'm not even sure why we have to make this map. I got around just fine without one."
"That's because you never come outside."
Claire grunted, but didn't deny it.


Molly sighed and pushed the weeds aside to walk along the creek.


"There she goes again." Claire groaned as she sat down beside Heather, "I'm serious though. Why are we doing this?"
Heather smiled, "Molly just really likes maps, and she wants her map to be just like the ones in her books. It's not her fault that Charlie thought it was a 'wonderful idea' and asked us to come with her."


"I don't know what they're talking about." Molly muttered under her breath. "Ponders is the perfect name for this place."
"I agree." 


Molly jumped.
"Who's there?!"


"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. I just could help overhearing you. And I think Ponders is a perfect name for this place. It's a beautifully romantic name, it would look great on a map."


"Really?" Molly came closer tentatively. She was a little creeped out that a girl, who she'd never seen before was so close to the house, and yet... this girl seemed to think a lot like her.


"Um, I don't think we've met." Molly said cautiously.
"No, I'm new around here." The girl replied with a smile, "I just moved to Apple Blossom Orchard."
"Really? But that means we're neighbors!" Molly said excitedly, "I'm Molly, by the way."
"You can call me Carrie." Carrie replied.
"Would you like to come and meet my friends?" Molly suggested. "One of them is actually my adopted sister."
Carrie's smile faltered, but she said, "Oh, um, sure."


"Hey guys!" Molly called, "Look who I've found!"
Carrie waved at Claire and Heather, "I'm Carrie, I just moved to Apple Blossom Orchard."


"Hi, Carrie. It's nice to meet you." Heather said, with a bemused look on her face.
It's not every day a new doll moves in.
Claire simple grunted hello, and said, "Can we go home now? I have to watch the next episode of Aspen Heights, before I get any more spoilers." She glared as Molly as she said 'spoilers'.
Molly had almost ruined the end of season three for her.
"Sure. Would you like to come with us?" Molly asked Carrie.


"Alright, thank you." Carrie replied, "Are you guys the only other ones our age in the area?"
Molly, Heather, and Claire looked at each other and began laughing.
"Not exactly." Molly giggled, "You'll see."

~~~


Heather and Claire stomped into the kitchen.
"Ooo. Cookies." Heather said as her stomach growled, "They look great Charlie."


Charlie looked up from the oven. "Thank you."


"How many are you making?" Claire asked.
Charlie mistaking Claire's meaning replied slyly, "I'm sure there will be enough for everyone."
"Did you count on having an extra person?"


"What?" Charlie asked as the other walked down the stairs, "What do you mean extra person?"


"Um," Molly cleared her throat. "Hey, Charlie."


Charlie was a lot cooler about Molly bringing home a friend without asking than Molly had expected.


"And you're very welcome to stay for supper, Carrie."
"Aww, thank you." Carrie said.


"I'm going to introduce her to everyone else." Molly told Charlie.
"Alright, just remember supper is at 6:30."
"Thanks." Carrie said, with a wave.


"So," Molly grinned, "This is my room."


"Whoa."


The room was noisy and crowded with 10 dolls in it.


Carrie stood completely still. All of these girls lived here?
"Come here." Molly grabbed her hand, "I want you to meet someone."


"Hey, Trixie? Can we talk?" Molly asked, tapping Trixie on the shoulder.


"Sure!" Trixie said excitedly, true to her enthusiastic nature.
"I want you to meet my friend, Carrie."


"Nice to meet you, Carrie. Tell me..." Trixie began. Once Trixie got going, she could get anyone to tell her anything.


Finally it was time for Carrie to get home.
"It was really nice having you." Molly said. "Too bad you couldn't stay for supper though."
"Yeah, but I'm sure I'll see you tomorrow." Carrie said brightly.


 A few moments later Charlie came downstairs.
"Is Carrie gone?" Molly asked her.
"Yep." Charlie nodded.
"Perfect."

~~~


When everyone was finally quiet, Molly began.
"As you all know, Carrie is really new here."


"I was thinking it would be fun to do something nice for her like..."


"Throwing her a welcome party!" Trixie cried.
Molly nodded, "Exactly. Trixie talked to her she knows all of her favorite things."
And so after some discussion, everyone agreed to help.

~~~


"Where's everyone else?" Carrie asked, as Molly led her though the abandoned kitchen.
"You'll see," Molly replied mysteriously.


When we reached the bedroom, Carrie froze.


"SURPRISE!" everyone called. "Welcome to the family!"


A table covered in treats stood in the middle of the room, decorated with Carrie's favorite colours of pastel blue and orange.


"Now let's eat!" Taryn cried and pounced on the snacks.


Carrie didn't move as everyone else converged on the table.


"You may not be part of the adopted family, but our friends are family too." Molly said.


Suddenly, Carrie spun and raced up the stairs, without a word.
"Carrie?" Molly called after, confused and a little hurt. Then she ran after her.

~~~



"Not one for parties?" Molly asked softly.


Carrie looked up and tried to wipe away her tears. "No it's not that."


"Then what is it?"
Carrie sighed, "It's a long story."


"I've got time." Molly replied, leaning against a tree.


"You're a good friend, Molly... I just hope you're a good listener. I-I lived at the AG Doll Orphanage for a long time... me and my sister live there. My sister and I were split up. I don't know where she went, but I was adopted by a little girl who didn't really know how to take care of dolls. Very soon after she got me, she grew out of dolls. She left me and her other dolls in her closet for years, until she decided to sell us on ebay. I hoped to find my sister, but it had been so long... I couldn't remember her name, or even what she looked like. I became part of a collector's display, but it wasn't a family. I wasn't built to be a display doll, I can't stand still for that long. So I was on ebay again, and now here I am.


"I know you mean well, but I lost my real family, and I'm just not ready to be part of a new one." Carrie sighed, "You wouldn't understand, but..."


"I understand better than you think." Molly said.


"It sounds like what happened to me. But I still remember her. Her name was Samantha Carrie Parkington."
Carrie looked astonished. "But that's my name." She gasped.


"When I met you yesterday I thought I recognized you..." Molly mused, "But my sister had..."


Suddenly Molly realized that Carrie's breath was coming in wheezing gasps.
"Asthma." Molly exclaimed, "Where's your inhaler?"
"Front... pocket..."


Molly snatched a backpack from the ground, and quickly checked the front pocket.


Sure enough, she pulled out a pink inhaler and passed it to Carrie.
Carrie took one puff, then two, and finally her breathing slowed down.


She stuck the inhaler in her pocket and smiled, "That happens a lot. Especial when I get excited."


Molly grinned, "If you feel up to it we can go back to the party now..." she grinned mischievously, "Samantha."
Carrie shuddered, "I'll come, if you promise to never call me Samantha."

~~~


Carrie and Molly rushed back into the room just as Charlie called order.
"As you all know," she said when everyone had calmed down, "This celebration is to welcome our new friend, Carrie into the family." Charlie gestured to her.

Carrie beamed proudly.


"But that's not all. I also have an announcement. Though this project is still in the planning phase I thought I should tell you all. Kit has been working with Megan to begin production of a new photo series!"


"Not to toot my own horn," Kit interjected, "But I think you'll all love it."


"Now not all the details are finalized, but the casting is complete. And the supporting roles will be played by...


"Heather,"


"Afton, Claire, and myself. The two main rolls are to be played by..."


"Molly and Carrie! I hope you all are excited, and enjoy the rest of the party!" Charlie finished her speech excitedly.


Molly turned to her sister as the conversations resumed around them.
"Are you excited?" She asked.
"That's a huge understatement." Carrie almost squealed with delight, "I gained not only a new family, but an old one too, and now I'm going to work on a photo series with them. I think it's safe to say that this is the best day of my life!"
Molly grinned.
"Welcome to the family, Carrie."

The End

Ahhh! Samantha is so pretty!!!


I got her from a collector who lives near us, and I'm so excited she's part of my collection!
And you guys read right, I'm planning a new photo series!
I really wasn't happy with my summer series last year, but I've read it through a few times and hopefully I can do even better this time. :)
Anyways, how have you all been?
I'm super bummed at the moment because Archery Provincials were canceled. Of course I understand why, but it's disappointing all the same. :(
Thankfully, God provided my dad with a job that is impacted very minimally by the virus, so he still has a job. :)

How has COVID-19 affected you?
I'd love to hear from you in the comments!
Bye guys! ❤️

~ Megan

Comments

  1. I love Samantha! She is such a pretty doll!
    I can't wait for the photo series!

    Every thing that i do has been cancelled due to COVID-19...other than being bummed about that, I am doing pretty good!

    Glad to hear that you are doing well!
    -Haley

    ReplyDelete
  2. IKR? I can't believe she's finally part of my collection! That's why I thought your last comment was so funny, because I really did have Samantha! X'D
    Thank you! I'm so so so excited to start shooting it. :)
    That's about how it is here too, but our Grandma lives in the same farmyard as us and we are trying to be careful so we don't give it to her.
    I hope everyone there is doing well. :)
    ~ Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I always love your photo stories! A new series sounds super exciting.
    It makes sense having Samantha and Molly as sisters. I never can tell them apart. :) They are very pretty though.
    COVID19 has been pretty frustrating. We're all stuck at home doing nothing. On the bright side, I do have more time to blog and come up with new crafts and such.
    -ForestPoodle88

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I think lot's of people are finding they have more time to work on old hobbies, or start new ones. :)
    ~ Megan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts