Skip to main content

Featured Post

House of Spooks ~ Halloween Special

Hey guys. Happy Halloween! I'm super proud of this story, I just love how it turned out, and I hope you guys enjoy it too. I just give a really quick thank you to my awesome neighbors for letting me shot in this old house on their land. ❤️ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Any aces?" "Nope, go fish." "Hey, Em! You ready to go?" Emerson asked as she and Candy walked into the kitchen. Emily turned in her seat, "Emerson, I already told you, you're fourteen years old I'm sixteen years old. I'm not taking you trick-or-treating." "But Emily, Candy is still thirteen. This is her last chance to go out on Halloween, but her mom said she could only go if I went with her, and Mom said I can only go if you go!" Emerson argued. "Yeah, but Janet and I have plans." Emily replied. 'Where you going to play 'Go Fis

Snow School ~ A Photo Story



*In Afton's Point Of View*


I knew I was supposed to be studying, but a nap seemed like a good idea too.


"Afton?" someone tapped my shoulder.


"What!?" I jumped and looked around in surprise, hoping this wasn't what I thought it was.


"Oh, um. Hey," Lanie smiled, "I was just wondering if you wanted to come sledding?"


"Well, I've still got some studying to do..." I sighed, thankful I had a reason to say no.
"Oh, OK." Lanie skipped outside.
I smiled and went back to studying.


"Hey, Afton!" I was interrupted again.
"Yes?" I replied nervously.



Molly waved at me, "Do you want to come skating with Taryn and me?"



"Can't" I replied, holding up my book, "Studying."
"Suit yourself." Molly shrugged and went to the door.
Taryn gave me a skeptical look, then followed Molly...I thought.
I had barely started reading again, when...



"Afton, would you like to come snowshoeing with Jack and me?" Charlie asked.



Jack chattered from her feet, as if to say, 'Just tell them, Afton.'



I shook my head, both to Charlie and to Jack, "I can't, I'm studying for mid-terms."
"Oh, too bad." Charlie sighed.
I hardly looked down before...



"Hey, Afton!" Ruthie called, "Kit and I are trying to get enough people for a snowball fight. Wanna join?"



"No, thanks. I'm busy." I answered.



"Aww, now we won't have enough people." Ruthie sighed as she went out.



I tossed my book aside, and stood up.
"I'm not trying to be a spoil-sport," I said out loud, although there was no one in the house, "But growing up in California, and never seeing snow...I just need some more time to adjust."



"What?!" Taryn cried, jumping out of her hiding spot, "You've really never seen snow?"



I nearly fell over, regained my feet, and asked, "How much of that did you hear?"
"All of it." Taryn replied smugly.
"Please don't tell the others," I plead, "They'll probably do something crazy and over reactive if they found out."



"Don't sweat." Taryn smiled, "I think all you need is some time at Snow School."
"What's that?" I asked.
"Probably something crazy and over reactive," Taryn answered, "But it's just what you need."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"It has come to my attention," Taryn announced, "that Afton has never seen snow."
Everyone gasped.
'They're making it sound like a big deal.' I thought.



"Here are your tools," Taryn gestured to the things laying in the snow, "So choose what you're best at, and we'll teach her what a 'snow day' really means!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"I still can't believe you've never seen snow, " Claire  snickered, "I can't remember a year where I haven't!"
I just rolled my eyes.



"Alright, make me a snowball." Claire commanded.
"Um, are you going to give any instruction?" I asked.
Claire shook her head, "Doing is learning."
I sighed.



I held up my snowball proudly.
Claire laughed and shook her head, "That is just a pile of snow."



"Well, how would you do it?" I demanded.
"Like this."



Claire turned around so I couldn't see what she doing, even though I tried to peek over her shoulder.



Finally she turned around, and held up a snowball that was much smaller than mine.
"You need it to be small," Claire explained, "So you can throw it farther."
After a few more tries, I gave up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"So," Charlie grinned, "How do they feel?"



"Um, pretty good." I replied, trying to keep my balance.
"All right then, take a step towards me and make sure not to-"



"Oof." I grunted as I fell over.
"Put too much weight on the back." Charlie finished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"Making snowmen," Ruthie explained, "Is a level up from making snowballs. Were going to see how fast you can build a snowman. You and I will be racing, first to finish wins!"

Later...



"And done!" Ruthie called, patting her snowman's head.
"Aww, I was just getting started." I replied.
"Well, let's see how you- WHOA!" Ruthie's gasp cut her off.



"What do you think?" I shouted from the top of my snowman.



"And this is just the base! I still have to figure out how to get the other pieces up this high, and-" I was interrupted.
"It's really great, Afton, but I think it might be going to..."



"Break. Oh, Afton." Ruthie giggled.
"Just help me get out of this." I grumbled, grabbing her hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Lanie smiled at me kindly, "Don't worry," She encouraged, "Sledding is on of the easiest things you're going to do today."



"If you say so." I mumbled.
"We chose the smallest hill we could find for you." Lanie pointed out.
"This is the smallest you could find?" I asked, worriedly.



"You got this." Lanie said, as I settled myself on the toboggan.
"We'll see about that." I muttered.


I started to move, and Lanie ran along side, shouting tips and pointers.
"OK, good job! You can stop now." Lanie called.
"No, I can't!" I replied frantically, "I don't know how!"



"Look out! Run away toboggan!" Lanie cried.
All I could do was hold on tight.



"Ow." I grunted as I hit the bank.
"Are you OK?!" Lanie ran up to me and started to check me for injuries.
"Well, I'm sure by the end of the day I'll be used to falling." I groaned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"I've decided that you aren't ready to learn how to skate properly." Taryn said casually, "So were going to be boot sliding instead."
"I'm pretty sure that's not a thing." I said, under my breath.
Taryn continued, "We'll be using this icy patch of ground for learning, then we'll move up to something a bit bigger."



"Slide like this!" Taryn demonstrated, "Keep your legs wide to keep you balance. You try, now."
I took a deep breath.
'This time, I'm not going to fall over!' I thought resolutely.



And I didn't.
"Yeah!" I cried.
This was exhilarating! I loved it!
Until...



My foot hit the end of the icy patch, and stopped me short, sending me sprawling.



"Well, that was pretty good...up until the ending." Taryn clicked her tongue.
I groaned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"All right! You've all done well today, but now it's time for the last part of Snow School." Taryn announced, "Ultimate Snowball Fight!"



"Eight dolls, two teams, four on each!" Taryn explained.



"Um, there are only seven of us." I added.
"What?" Taryn looked confused, "Me, Charlie, Claire, Lanie, You, Molly, Kit, and Ruthie." Taryn counted.



"Ruthie isn't playing." I said.



"Uh, yes I am." Ruthie replied, "What made you think I wasn't?"



"Oh, sorry. I just assumed because you're wearing a dress." I smiled sweetly.
"Are you saying I can't have a snowball fight in a dress?" Ruthie's eyes were slits.
""Not if you want to win." I replied.
"You're on, Afton! Your team against mine." Ruthie challenged.



"You choose first." I offered, "I wouldn't want to win because I took advantage of you."
Ruthie smiled, "Fine by me."



And so, as the sun went down, Team Ruthie,



faced off against Team Afton.
"You ready?" Ruthie asked.
"To win? You bet!" I replied.
"GO!" Someone shouted, and the snowballs started flying.



As the fight began, both Charlie and Claire were hit.
This game was savage, one hit and you're out.



Our barricade was taking heavy fire.
"We can't hold out much longer!" Taryn cried, "What do we do, Captain?"



An idea had popped into my head, "You guys will do what ever I say, right? Even if it's highly unlikely to succeed?"



They both nodded solemnly.
"Wait... are you suggesting..." Molly trailed off.
"Straight run." I finished, "Go!"



Taryn jumped up, "I'll cover you!" she called.



Molly ran toward the other team's barrier in a zig zag,while Taryn tried to protect her from the opposing snowballs.



Kit jumped up to nail Molly, but she didn't see Taryn.
"No, Kit!" Lanie cried.



When Kit hit Taryn, she released her snowball,



Which hit Kit.



Finally, Lanie hit Molly.



Lanie jumped up and down in excitement, "I win!" She cried, forgetting about me.
My snowball hit her, first shot.



"I win!" I shouted, "Take that, Ruthie! Ruthie?" I searched the battle field but I couldn't spot her. 



"Right here!" Ruthie called from behind me in a sing-song voice.
"No!" I cried as her snowball hit me. Hard.



I fell backwards off the barricade, as Ruthie called, "You just got Snow School-ed!"

The End

I hope you enjoyed. :)

~ The Human

Comments

  1. Love the story, and the photos! :)
    I so wish We could get some snow! ❄️❄️❄️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're we live we can have snow for up to seven months of snow, so I'd be glad to share some with you. ;)
      ~ The Human

      Delete
  2. Loved this! You did an amazing job!!!
    <3Katherine
    mydolldays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts