Skip to main content

Featured Post

House of Spooks ~ Halloween Special

Hey guys. Happy Halloween! I'm super proud of this story, I just love how it turned out, and I hope you guys enjoy it too. I just give a really quick thank you to my awesome neighbors for letting me shot in this old house on their land. ❤️ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Any aces?" "Nope, go fish." "Hey, Em! You ready to go?" Emerson asked as she and Candy walked into the kitchen. Emily turned in her seat, "Emerson, I already told you, you're fourteen years old I'm sixteen years old. I'm not taking you trick-or-treating." "But Emily, Candy is still thirteen. This is her last chance to go out on Halloween, but her mom said she could only go if I went with her, and Mom said I can only go if you go!" Emerson argued. "Yeah, but Janet and I have plans." Emily replied. 'Where you going to play 'Go Fis

Amazing Grace ~ Part 2






*******************************************
Claire hopped up out of a pile of hay, where she landed. It was early morning now, but when Claire left it had been evening. She must have slept for a few hours. She looked around the room she was in. 
On the floor was a set of clothes, a green top and a long white skirt. She put them on and slipped out the door.
Out on the street, she began asking around to find out where she was, and where she should go. First she found out that the year was 1453. Next a lady looked at her clothes and said, "You look like a palace maid. You're shift will be starting soon, won't it?".  "Um, yes." Claire replied, "But I'm, um lost. Could you point me in the direction of the palace?" The woman gave her direction and she was off.
At the palace, Claire, thankfully, had the sense to use the servants entrance at the back. She stepped into what seemed to be a kitchen. A lady who seemed to be in charge gave her a tray of food and told Claire to take it straight to the princess's room.

***************************************

After many twists and turns she found a door with a sign that read: 
Princess Lanie's Private Quarters.
Claire knocked but there was no answer.



She opened the door and the room was dark.
A girl in the corner of the room, that Claire hadn't noticed at first, called, "Who's there?"
 She almost sounded scared.



"Um, It's just the maid." Claire answered, "I have your breakfast."
"Come in." the girl, Princess Lanie, said.



Claire awkwardly stepped into the room.
It was obvious the Princess wasn't very comfortable.
"Just set the tray on the bed." Princess Lanie instructed.



Claire did as she was instructed, then she lit the candles around the room, to shed some light.



The Princess sat down on the bed, and stared at the tray of food.
Claire waited patiently.
Finally the Princess said, "Um sorry. I forgot you're new. You have to tell me what's on the plate."



"Oh." Claire said. "Well um, on the plate, there is two eggs and two strips of bacon... I think... and a... ah slice of cake? Oh and a cup of tea!"



As the Princess blew on her tea, Claire could tell she was trying not to laugh.



"So, um, what should I do now?" Claire asked, uncertainly.



"Well the old maid usually went and picked my dress for the day." Lanie answered.



"Aw shoot." Claire said under her breath, "I stink at picking clothes!' Then a little louder she asked, "What colour do you look good in?"



"Blue!" Lanie answered quickly, it was actually odd how fast she answered, "But, I'll wear anything you pick out." She added.



"Oh dear, OK." Claire said.



"So... tell me about yourself." The Princess said.
"Well, uh," Claire said thoughtfully, "My name is Claire, and I'm 15 years old. I have four very crazy sisters ... but we all think that we'll be get another sister."



"Sisters?" Princess Lanie said, as she stared off into the distance. "That sounds nice. You must love them very much."



"Um, yeah... but I don't know if they feel the same." Claire mumbled, but before the Princess could answer, she called, "I think I found a dress for you!"



"Oh, alright." Lanie nodded.
"Um, do you want to see it?" Claire asked.
"Oh, um yes! Right." Princess Lanie stuttered.



"Is this one alright?" Claire held up the dress.
The princess stared for a moment, "Yes, that'll be fine."
Princess Lanie didn't make a move and Claire just waited. 
"Um, are you going to help me put it on?" The princess asked.
"Oh OK." Claire said



As Claire did up the back of the dress, she asked, "So how old are you?"



"Oh, well... I'm... I think I'm... 14. I'm 14."  Lanie answered.
"Um, not to pry, but why did it take so long for you to remember how old you are?" Claire asked again.



"Well, I just haven't had a birthday for a really long time. My Aunt and Uncle say, they don't like birthdays... but my cousins have one each every year so I'm a little suspicious." Lanie mumbled.



"Oh." Claire whispered.



There was silence for a moment, then Claire said, "And I'm done!"
"Alright. Thank you." The Princess said, and went to leave.



"Wait!" Claire called, "Your Highness, if I may, could I do your hair for you?"



"Oh, uh, alright." the Princess nodded.



Claire began to play with a the curly golden hair, until she finally had it done.



"What do you think?" Claire asked, "I- I mean your Highness."



"It looks great." Princess Lanie laughed, "And..." she started hesitantly, "Call me... call me Lanie. No one's called me that for a long time."



"Oh OK!" Claire said eagerly. 
Hah! Take that Kit! I get to call a Middle Ages Princess by her first name! That's how much people like me!"



"Well, I'm going to go for my morning walk now." Lanie said.
Claire began to panic. Lanie hadn't been asking to many questions, but others might, and if someone found out where she was from... She had to stick with the Princess.



"Could I come with?" Claire asked quickly.
Lanie sighed, "I'm so glad you asked. I don't want to go by myself, but I didn't want to ask either."
"Cool!" Claire said, then slapped her hands over her mouth. That term was way to futuristic. If Lanie didn't think Claire was odd before, she sure did now.
Lanie gave her a questioning glance than walked out the door, and Claire followed. 
And for the rest of the day they became closer and closer friends.

The End of Part 2

Comments

  1. Wow! Claire went back really far! Is she still in Canada? OH MY GOODNESS I STILL CAN'T GET OVER HOW BEAUTIFUL THAT BLUE DRESS IS!!! It is absolutely stunning! Can't wait for part three!
    -Katie :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts