Skip to main content

Featured Post

House of Spooks ~ Halloween Special

Hey guys. Happy Halloween! I'm super proud of this story, I just love how it turned out, and I hope you guys enjoy it too. I just give a really quick thank you to my awesome neighbors for letting me shot in this old house on their land. ❤️ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Any aces?" "Nope, go fish." "Hey, Em! You ready to go?" Emerson asked as she and Candy walked into the kitchen. Emily turned in her seat, "Emerson, I already told you, you're fourteen years old I'm sixteen years old. I'm not taking you trick-or-treating." "But Emily, Candy is still thirteen. This is her last chance to go out on Halloween, but her mom said she could only go if I went with her, and Mom said I can only go if you go!" Emerson argued. "Yeah, but Janet and I have plans." Emily replied. 'Where you going to play 'Go Fis

Interview with the Cast ~ BTS of Our New Series




Hello and welcome to this behind the scenes talk about our upcoming series, with your host, Taryn Brady." I said to the camera. "Today we will be talking with the dolls who are making it happen. Regrettably Ms. Kittredge, the writer and Ms. Smithens, the doll in charge of casting, were unavailable tonight." 


"But with Misses Kittredge and Smithens absent, our first guest is none other than...


"Lanie Holland! The producer!" I shouted over the tumultuous cheers.
"Good evening everyone." Lanie waved to the crowd.


"Hello, Ms. Holland. Now I understand, this the first time you're acting as producer for a series. Is that correct?" I asked her.


"That's right. Charlie is usually the producer/coordinator, but as she has a fairly major role in the story, this job fell to me." Lanie replied.
I nodded. "Interesting. And how do you feel about this story? What are your predictions about the public's reaction?"


"To be frank, this story is going to go over very well, I think. It was inspired by two very popular series. , and I can't see it letting down it's reputation."
"Now, I have to ask," I said leaning forward, "This weather. Has it delayed production at all?"
Lanie cheeks reddened slightly. 
"Well, yes. With all the snow and the wind. We just aren't willing to sacrifice the quality of the production, for a speedier release."
"And how do you coordinate all of the actresses? That must be a lot of work." 


Lanie held up a composition book. "This is how I coordinate it all."
I gasped, recognizing Kit's writing on the front.
"Is that...?" I asked in a whisper.
Lanie nodded. "The only copy of the story. Right from Kit's desk. With every detail I'll need."
"And are you going to give us a sneak peek?" I asked slyly.
Lanie laughed, "Nice try, Taryn, but no."


"Darn." I shook my head comically. "Well I tried. Thanks for coming out this evening, Ms. Holland."


"Thank you for having me."
Lanie walked off the stage to applause.


Once the cheers died down I began, "Now our next guest. She is responsible for all the special affects and stunts. Please give it up for...


"Ms. June Clark!"
"Hi." June mumbled as she shuffled nervously onto the stage.


"Good to have you, June. So, would you consider you have a large part in this production?" I asked.


"Um, yeah, I suppose. There are a lot of special affects, and, as I enjoy choreography, I do a ton of the choreographing as well. None of the stunts are huge, but since we're to small a production to have stunt doubles, I make sure that no one gets hurt." June replied, coming out a bit more as she forgot about the cameras. 


"Very cool. Did you expect to get this job?"
June shook her head. "No, to be honest, I really didn't expect to have a job in it at all."
"And are you at all disappointed that you didn't get picked for an acting part in the series?" I asked. 


She laughed. "No. I'm very happy behind the scenes. I've never enjoyed being in the spot light... in fact I'm feeling kind of queasy. Can I go now?"


"Of course, and thanks for coming up." I replied.
As soon as June had left the stage I said, "Now, the next guests don't have a very major part in this production as -" 
"Taryn!" I was interrupted, "Just because you don't think make-up and clothes are important doesn't mean the audience is as ignorant as you."


The camera swiveled to Afton as I groaned.
"Hi, I'm Afton de Brourgh, the stylist for this series, and this is my apprentice, Amelia Woodhouse."


"Well Ms. de Bourgh, Ms. Woodhouse, I am contractually bound to ask you some questions. So, I know there isn't a ton of make-up to be done in this story, so why are there two stylists?" I asked grudgingly.


"I'm so glad you asked!" Afton chirped, "Obviously you wouldn't understand, but only one stylist for more than seven actresses is ridiculous. I need help, and Amy here volunteered."
"Very nice." I said rolling my eyes, "And, Ms. Woodhouse, are you disappointed that you don't have a part in the series?"


"Not really," Amelia shook her head, "I played Carly, the main character in our series last year, so I didn't really expect to play in this year's."
"How about you, Ms. de Bourgh?"


"I actually do have a small part in the story." Afton replied smugly.
"And my last question for you tonight is this. Are there any actresses that are somewhat hard to work with?"


Afton and Amy looked each other, a meaningful look passing between them.


"Well, Claire... um doesn't make it easy." Amy said haltingly.


"She plays a boy, so we don't have to do much with her," Afton sighed, "But the little bit we must do takes forever, with her whining and protesting."
I chuckled. "That sounds like my sister."


"Well, thanks to both of you for coming out." 
Afton grinned and waved to the crowd as Amy followed her off stage.
I leaned forward in my chair and said in a whisper, so that the audience almost had to hold their breath to hear, "We were able to get some of the main actresses to come and talk with us tonight."
Everyone gasped excitedly.
"So, please welcome to the stage..."


"Ms. Charlie Smith!"
Charlie gave a little wave as she sat down.
"Good evening, Ms. Smith. Now, did you have any acting experience prior to getting this part?"


"Yes," Charlie replied, "I've acted a few minor roles before, but my biggest part was in a story called 'Cammi Mason', where I played the main character, Cammi Mason."
I shuddered to think of the cringy-ness of the old story.
"So how did it feel to come back and play another main role after all this time?" I asked. 


"Truthfully, I wasn't excited." Charlie admitted, "I prefer to be on the organizing side of a production, but there are some pretty great people I get to work with, so I am enjoying it."
"And, how do you feel about the character you're playing?"


"Well..." Charlie said, trying to answer without giving anything away, "My character and I are very dissimilar. At first I had trouble doing my lines properly for the part. But I think play someone so different than I've ever been before, is stretching me, and making me learn new things, which is pretty cool."


"And one last question before you go," I said, "Do you have any important plot points you'd like to share?"


"Good try, Taryn, but I'm no spoiler." Charlie shook her head as she walked off.
I shrugged at the audience. "Well, I tried. Now, please give it up for..."


"Ms. Claire Brady, and Ms. Heather Grant!"
"Hey, everybody." Heather beamed. Claire just grunted.


"Alright. So, I understand that you two both play boys. Is that right?" I began.


"Yes. I play a boy named Ash." Heather said gesturing at herself, then pointing at Claire, "She plays Lewis."
"Do either of you wish you could have played a girl instead?"


"Nope." Claire said, "This way I don't have to wear a dress or anything pink."


"I don't mind playing a boy. To be honest, I'm excited I got such a big part!" Heather exclaimed.
"Now, as you both play boys, who do you ship your character with?" I asked.
Claire shook her head. "We're not really supposed to -"


"I ship Ash and Rosemary so hard!" Heather squealed, then blushed as Claire glared at her. "Sorry, but I do."


"What is the very worst part about having a part in this production?" I asked, fully expecting Claire's answer.


"The stylists!" Claire cried, jumping up in agitation.
"Oh, boy." Heather rolled her eyes.
"A stylist, whom I will not name, says that she has to fill in my brows to make me look more 'masculine' and then she has to do my hair up so tight that it gives me a headache. 'Oh, I'll be quick' she says! Two hours later, she says I can go!" Claire was practically jumping she was so upset.
"Not true!" Afton shouted from backstage.


"Well, thank you for that insight, Ms. Brady." I said quickly, wanting to avoid a fight.
Heather and Claire left the stage to the cheers of the crowd.
"And now, it's time for our most highly anticipated guests of the night. Please give a warm welcome to..."


"Ms. Carrie Parkington, and Ms. Molly McIntire! The stars!"


"So let's get right into this. How is the filming going so far?"
"Pretty good." Molly said and Carrie nodded. "I think we're about a third of the way finished, although, we've been having to re-film a lot of the scenes because of technical issues."


"What is something you like about your character?" I asked.
Molly blushed, "Honestly, there's not much to like about my character, until near the end. She is quite selfish and selfishly driven. But I do really like her overall character arc."


"I like how sweet and caring my character is, although I do find it frustrating how naive she is." Carrie laughed.
"What's the hardest part of your role?" I questioned.  


They looked at each other.
"Well..."


"Our characters both have very strongly emotional scenes, which neither of us are very emotional naturally. So that has been difficult." Carrie said.
"How about the easiest part?" 


"Looking similar." They said in unison.
"We are play two girls who are supposed to look extremely similar, with only subtle differences. And that part just came naturally." They giggled.
"And finally," I said, "What is the very best part of being in this series?" 


"Getting to be part of such an amazing story is a highlight." Molly said, "But I really love working with my sister."


"I agree." Carrie smiled. "I think working with people is a great way to get to really know them. Also, getting to play such a major part is pretty cool."


"Thank you guys. It's been good talking with you." I said.
"Thanks for having us."
"And that ladies and gentlemen is all we have for you tonight. Thank you so much for tuning in, and keep looking for more behind the scenes of this series. This is your host, Taryn Brady, signing off!"
And the crowd roared.

Comments

  1. This was lovely!
    (also, how dare you steal a similar idea to mine, but mine won't be posted for months? jk, my idea is actually a red carpet Q&A, so that willl be cool in my photoseries)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. <3
      Yep, that's me. Stealing ideas, and kinckin' butt. XD JK. I love the idea of a red carpet, that would be so cool! I was trying to make mine like a talk show. I can't wait to see yours!
      ~ Megan

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts