Skip to main content

Featured Post

House of Spooks ~ Halloween Special

Hey guys. Happy Halloween! I'm super proud of this story, I just love how it turned out, and I hope you guys enjoy it too. I just give a really quick thank you to my awesome neighbors for letting me shot in this old house on their land. ❤️ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Any aces?" "Nope, go fish." "Hey, Em! You ready to go?" Emerson asked as she and Candy walked into the kitchen. Emily turned in her seat, "Emerson, I already told you, you're fourteen years old I'm sixteen years old. I'm not taking you trick-or-treating." "But Emily, Candy is still thirteen. This is her last chance to go out on Halloween, but her mom said she could only go if I went with her, and Mom said I can only go if you go!" Emerson argued. "Yeah, but Janet and I have plans." Emily replied. 'Where you going to play 'Go Fis

Party Fail ~ A Photo Story


Hey guys!
This is more of a short story than anything else, but I hope you find it funny. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Taryn took a deep breath, steeling herself, as she walked into the bedroom.
What she was about to do was risky.


"Um, hey Afton..."


"Taryn. Back from volleyball early, I see."
The tension was mounting.
"I... I was... um, are you still mad at me?" Taryn asked.


Afton gave an airy laugh that wasn't fooling Taryn.
"Why in the world would I be mad at you?"


"Oh, well you know. With my experiment, and the food dye, and the flying spatula.."


"Yes, thank you Taryn!" Afton interrupted, "I don't think we need a recap."


"Oh, OK... so you aren't mad at me?" Taryn smiled, she was enjoying the hint of panic in Afton's voice.
"No, I'm not mad."


"Well that's good, because I need some help -"
"Help?!" Afton cried, "Me, help you?! After what you did? Taryn, my hair was green for a week!"
"How was I supposed to know food colouring is semi-permanent?! And I thought you said you weren't mad!"


Afton took a deep breath. "I'm not mad. It's in the past. Now what do you want help with?"


"You know Millie Haver from down the street? Well, she's throwing a super exclusive party tonight, she only invited like fifteen people. Everyone she invited was supposed to invite one other person. And, you know that boy from my volleyball team?"


"Which one?!" Afton cried, jumping up and grabbing Taryn by the shoulders, "The dark one with the curly hair?"
"N-no. The lighter one, with blue eyes, Ian."


"Oh, Taryn! He's not even good looking, you could do so much better!" Afton groaned.
"What? What are you talking about?"


"Well obviously, he invited you to the party, and you want my help getting ready!"


"Um, yeah, actually. I was thinking -"


"What time is the party?" Afton cut in.
"Um, five I think."
"Well we'd better get started!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"What the heck am I wearing?!" Taryn cried.


"Well, I didn't think the blue would look right, plus this colour is so fall!" 


"No, I mean why am I wearing a dress? It's not that kind of party! It's a -"
But Afton wasn't listening, "Time to do your hair!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Afton, you're not listening." Taryn groaned.


"Aw, I think it looks super cute." Afton said as she stuck another pin in, "And now it's time for the final touch, my favorite part!"


 Afton pulled Taryn over to the vanity.
"Oh, no. No no no!" Taryn tried to pull away.


All of Afton favorite makeup was ready and waiting.


"I was thinking some glittery eye-shadow -"
"No! No glitter!"Taryn said firmly, but there was a note of panic in her voice and her attempts to escape redoubled.
"Now hold still..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"And I think we're done!" Afton grinned, "You look stunning."


"I'm certain I'm speaking English, but you still aren't listening. It isn't that kind of party!"


"Oh, just let me add a little -"


"No! Afton, it's a Halloween party! With a costume contest. I just wanted help to find a costume, but now Ian's coming ten minutes and I've got nothing! I'm going to look like such an idiot."


"Oooo. Um, that's my bad." Afton said with a cringe.
They both stood in silence for a few moments, Afton was thinking hard.


"Taryn, I'm so sorry, I've messed up. But I know how to make it up to you."
"How?" Taryn snapped, "I need to leave in ten minuets and I don't have a costume."
"Oh, don't you worry, I've got an idea..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Please come right in, Ian. I'll go and check if Taryn is ready."


"OK, I'll just wait here." he said, leaning against the bed.


'Hey, Taryn?" Afton called, "Ready?"


"Yeah, I think so."


"Hey, Taryn. I - whoa!" Ian jumped as he saw Taryn's costume.


"Oh, I get it!" Ian laughed, "You're a sleep deprived teenager."


"You got it!" Taryn winked.
"OK, well if your ready to go, let's hop to it. I don't want to miss the judging."


Taryn went to follow Ian, but she paused and turned to Afton.
"Hey, Afton, thanks for your help. I owe you one."


"Yeah, but let me give you one more piece of advice."
"What's that?" Taryn asked.


"Let's just say Ian is cuter than I remember." Afton giggled.
"Afton!"
"Just saying!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's it!
I hope you guys enjoyed, oh and...

Please make sure to check back here on Oct. 31st for my Halloween special!

Because I'm to old to trick-or-treat, I've been working on the special instead of a costume.
Thanks guys! ❤️

~ Megan

Comments

  1. Awesome! Your photo stories are so funny! What did you use for Taryn’s face for her costume?
    -ForestPoodle88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I just used crayola washable markers, they wipe off really easy. Thanks for commenting.
      ~ Megan

      Delete
  2. I must say, you always have the best photo-stories Megan!

    Kaitlyn @ Kaits AG Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! This was so cute! Honestly, I think Tayrn could pass off the dress as a costume, seeing as she hates dresses;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not sure if she would have agreed to go out in public. ;)
      ~ Megan

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts