Skip to main content

Featured Post

House of Spooks ~ Halloween Special

Hey guys. Happy Halloween! I'm super proud of this story, I just love how it turned out, and I hope you guys enjoy it too. I just give a really quick thank you to my awesome neighbors for letting me shot in this old house on their land. ❤️ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Any aces?" "Nope, go fish." "Hey, Em! You ready to go?" Emerson asked as she and Candy walked into the kitchen. Emily turned in her seat, "Emerson, I already told you, you're fourteen years old I'm sixteen years old. I'm not taking you trick-or-treating." "But Emily, Candy is still thirteen. This is her last chance to go out on Halloween, but her mom said she could only go if I went with her, and Mom said I can only go if you go!" Emerson argued. "Yeah, but Janet and I have plans." Emily replied. 'Where you going to play 'Go Fis

Does My Mom Know AG?



Hey all!
 I was tagged for this by Katie like... few weeks ago?
So, I'm doing it now! My mom and I both really enjoyed making this and we hope you have fun reading it!
Mom talks in bold
I'll talk in normal 
Anything I need to add is in italics
(My mom is super funny, and you'll love reading this. XD)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is it on?
Yep.
OK, so first question is how many dolls does AG have from the 1940's?
From the 1940's? 2?
*Shakes head*
I'm wrong. OK... so Molly and Molly's friend.
Emily.
Emily.
And then there's one newer one.
Well, how am I supposed know that?!
*Silence*
Little sister interjects: 'Luciana?'
Nope. She from Pearl Harbor.
Oh. Yeah, don't know her name.
OK, Nanea.
Sure she is. She's from the forties?
Yeah.
OK, well.
1941.
Good for her.
Um, what's one of the ways you can tell a Pleasant Company doll from a Mattel doll?
Oh, well there's an artist's mark.
Um, sometimes, but I was thinking of something bigger.
Sometimes...uh, their eyes?
Kinda. Still bigger.
The old ones are better quality?
*I laughed*
I was thinking of the stamp on the back of their neck.
Oh! OK.
OK, so, what is GOTY 2019's name?
*Blows raspberry*
Farmer chic. Um....
Starts with a 'B'.
B-b-r-rianne. Nope, that's Maplelea. Barty...Bindy...Belinda?
No, Blaire.
Blaire!
*Laughing*
OK, um, Pleasant Company made a line of dolls in Germany. What were they called?
Oh! Beans on toast! You told me this.
Yeah, just the other day.
*Lip Smacking*
I don't remember.
Götz.
G-o-t-z?
Mm-hmm.
Right.
OK, which American Girl movie went to theaters?
Oh, you gotta be kidding me!
There was only one.
I'm sure there was, OK, um...do we own either of them?
We do, yes.
Oh! Come on! Uh, the Kit Kittredge one?  
Yep.
YES!
Nice, first try.
(We only own the Kit movie and the Samantha Holiday one. So she only had to guess from two. XD)
I hear that movie isn't even close to the books.
Oh.
Like, it takes pieces from all six books and-
Kind of squishes it all into one movie?
Yeah.
OK.
So, AG had two dolls from Hawaii. What were their names?
Well, Nanea, and I have no idea.
She was Girl of the Year in 2011.
That so doesn't help me.
Can you guess?
Luciana?
Ah, no. She was last year.
Oh, well.
Kanani.
Oh, Kanani. Never heard of her.
OK, so, which AG characters just retired?
There's four of them?
Yep.
Uh, retired? The one from last year retired.
Yeah, so that's Gabriela.
Uh-h-h,  Luciana?
No,she's still available, which I think is weird. Um, one of them has a letter for a name.
B? G?
The other end of the alphabet.
Z?
Yes.
What? 
Yeah, you didn't know that?
No! Like, she's 'doll #Z'?
No, Z is her name. I think it is short for-
I've never ever heard of this doll! That's totally fake!
Well, I'll have to show you a picture after. OK, the next one plays a guitar.
Wow, that really narrows it down for me.
She's named after a poet.
*Silence*
OK, how about the first boy doll?
*Blows another raspberry*
Uh, Logan?
Yeah.
(We started laughing because that's my brothers name and my mom almost forgot it.)
OK, so after a poet... I'm trying to think of any poets...
I always think that his name is backwards.
Uh, boy, that really helps.
Charge of the Light Brigade?
Oh, Tennyson?
Yes.
Alfred, Lord.
Yeah, which is - why is it backwards, noob. Anyways, her name is Tenney.
Of course it is.
OK, sure, what was Kaya's horse named?
Billy Bob Joe. I have no idea.
Steps High.
Steps High... OK.
Which GOTY had best friend dolls?
Oh, good heavens. You mean years?
No, she was the first GOTY -first and last- to have friends that were made into a doll. All the other GOTYs had friends in their books, but one had friends that were actually available as dolls. 
She was a Girl of the Year?
Yep.
I don't know.
Chrissa Maxwell. 2009. And the last question is... who is your favorite AG doll and why?
Oh, well, duh! It's Molly, because she's from the 1940's and she's so cute!
Although Maryellen is a close second.
Why do you like her?
50's.
(I'm actually not sure if that's an answer, but oh well.)
OK, good enough. That's it.
I failed, I did really badly.
Um... yeah, you did. Well, how many did you get, let me count.
I got very few.
1, 2...
Those were really hard questions.
So, you got 4/10.
That's really bad.
It kinda is.
Those were really hard!
Yeah, they were.
You were trying to be mean.
Yes, that's true.
OK, were done now.
(The rest is just us trying to turn off mom's recording app.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I hope that made you all laugh, and maybe you learned something.
I nominate RoseKaitlyn, and Freedom Child!
You guys can use my questions or make up your own, but I hope you enjoy!

~ The Human & Mom













Comments

  1. LOL that was epic!!! Great job! My mom actually likes Maryellen for the same reason XD when your mom answered Brianne I was like, "Wait a minute..... That's Maplelea isn't it?". It's really funny that your brother's name is Logan as well, my sister's name is Emily so she was pretty stoked that I got a doll named after her. We actually have a picture of her holding up the Emily box so you could see her face through the little window XD I hope you and your mom had fun! You both are so funny XD and I agree with your mom, Molly is awesome!
    -Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed doing it with her! Ha ha, that's pretty funny they both like the same dolls. I know, I was shaking my head at her like, "Uh, no.". XD Yeah, he thought it was pretty funny. That's cool,my friends name is Emily too. :) Aww, that's a cute idea. I think she did, once we finished recording she's like, "Well, what am I supposed to do now?" Thanks, we both think she's pretty awesome. :)
      ~ The Human

      Delete
  2. I just saw you won a Paisley award!!! CONGRATS!!! You're so amazing and totally deserve it! <3
    -Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funny! Tell your mom that I (someone who has been an AG fan for MANY years) barely got any of these right either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This could get interesting! Thanks for the nomination!

    Kaitlyn @ Kaits AG Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post! The only thing though I disagree with is the Pleasant Company stamp is that sometimes the stamp is on a Mattel AG doll when it's not PC (Kaya will sometimes have a PC stamp and she's not PC). I agree with your mom that the eyes are the easiest way to tell :) The stamp does help though! Don't take me wrong lol
    <3Katherine
    mydolldays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts