Skip to main content

Featured Post

House of Spooks ~ Halloween Special

Hey guys. Happy Halloween! I'm super proud of this story, I just love how it turned out, and I hope you guys enjoy it too. I just give a really quick thank you to my awesome neighbors for letting me shot in this old house on their land. ❤️ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Any aces?" "Nope, go fish." "Hey, Em! You ready to go?" Emerson asked as she and Candy walked into the kitchen. Emily turned in her seat, "Emerson, I already told you, you're fourteen years old I'm sixteen years old. I'm not taking you trick-or-treating." "But Emily, Candy is still thirteen. This is her last chance to go out on Halloween, but her mom said she could only go if I went with her, and Mom said I can only go if you go!" Emerson argued. "Yeah, but Janet and I have plans." Emily replied. 'Where you going to play 'Go Fis

All the Dolls ~ 2018 + (Boring) Updates


Hi guys! *Waves excitedly*
I'm back! With pictures, introductions, and, you guessed it, boring updates! Yay!
OK, but let's be serious. 
(Who am I kidding, I'm never serious,)
So, two of the dolls you will be meeting today, have not yet had an introduction photo series. The reason being, 
1. I was filming a stopmotion, but it snowed. Now I can't do half the scenes the way I wanted to.
2. For the other doll's story, I'm still saving for the other two dolls who will be introduced with her.
I could post other things until I'm ready to introduce these two... thing is I really don't want to wait all winter.
So, that means there past will be a mystery until next year I guess?
Yeah.
So, that's enough boring updates. Long story, short. I'm going to be going back to a regular posting schedule and post the SM/photo series next spring!
Now to the post!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ALL MY DOLLS 
Oct. 2018



Taryn

Taryn is the tom-boy of the family. She can play any sport but her favorites are Volley ball, soccer, and Ultimate Frisbee. Taryn always has good intentions in her actions and speech, but she is virtually tactless. Most of the time she ends up hurting more than helping (Especially with Afton), but with her happy-go-lucky attitude she usually finds a way to fix her mistakes. 

2010:
I had always loved dolls, and when one of my friends lent me her Maplelea catalog, I fell in love with Taryn. She was the same age as me, she lived in the same province as me, we had similar interests, and she even looked a little like me! So I saved my money very carefully, and soon Taryn and I were best friends.
We've had ups and downs but Taryn will always be one of my favorites.


Charlie
Charlie is the mother of the family, for sure. She is kind, sweet, and concerned. She has never really asserted her authority, but no one will debate about who's in charge. She loves her sisters very much, but she has especially bonded with Lanie. Most of the time you can find her cleaning up her sisters messes, but when she does steal some free time she usually spends it listening to music, or watching her favorite beauty guru, Afton de Bourgh, on Youtube.

Jan. 2017:
I had just started my blog, and I knew I would be getting another doll soon. But which one? Well that was easy I fell in love with Maryellen the moment she was released and I knew I wanted my second doll to look like her. And Charlie fit the bill perfectly!



Claire
Claire is a whiz with computers, and uses them all the time. She mostly just watches Youtube, but, she could hack any computer if she wanted to. Claire is also amazingly talented with one-liners, come backs, and greatly skilled in the art of sarcasm. She often has trouble being sympathetic, or compassionate, but she usually notices her mistakes before they do to much damage.

Aug. 2017:
Taryn and Charlie were great. But there are only so many story to make with two dolls. Claire stole my heart the second I saw her on the website and she appeared on my birthday that year. I always have, (And always will,) think she is adorable.


Kit
Kit is a prankster extraordinaire. She can trick anyone into anything and they'll never see it coming. She and her very best friend Ruthie can always be found playing a prank, or playing a game of Kit's own invention. Kit is super creative in the line of stories and she can always make things much more fun.

Aug. 2017:
My little sister has always loved Kit, mainly because they share a nickname. After my sister drooled over the catalogs for months, my mom called me over to the computer and showed me an eBay listing for a nicely-kept PC Kit doll for $65. I said she should go for it, and we won the bid. I don't think my sister will ever forget the day she peeled back the paper and screamed, "It's Kit!"


Ruthie
Ruthie loves two things. Reading and plays. No, no, no. Not that 'new literary garbage' just the classics for her. Ruthie is a loyal friend and she will stick with her best friend, Kit, no matter how stupid her new scheme is, although, every once in a while, Kit is called to 'repay' her, and is caught in one of Ruthie's plays. Ruthie is always very quiet and in most arguments she stays neutral. 

Jan. 2018:
A new year, a new doll. It seemed to fit. My sister had been searching for a fairly priced Ruthie doll ever since Kit arrived. "You can't have a Kit without a Ruthie," She informed me, "They were made for each other. Literally!" When my friend got a used Ruthie to fix up and sell, I asked the price and crossed my fingers. When she asked for $70, my little sister cried, "I have enough! Kit won't be lonely anymore!"



Lanie
Lanie is always kind. She'll always put down what she is doing to help, even if you don't ask her to. Most of the time she is ultra shy, but mainly that's because she is blind. She has trouble making friends, and most of the time she finds animals to be better company. Despite all odds, she and Claire have become great friends through an amazing adventure they had. Mostly though, you'll find Lanie outside in nature, or with her stuffed monkey, Curtis.

Feb. 2018:
In 2016, I found a blog, Dolly Dorm Diaries, by accident and that is what inspired me to start this blog. I fell in love with the photography, the plot, and the individual personalities of each doll. But mostly, I fell in love with Lanie. I search for her for a little over two years, until finally I found a basically NIB Lanie with her PJ's set, all for $100. I jumped at the chance, and soon I had my dream doll... well one of them.


Afton
 Every family has a hipster, and around here that's Afton. She always know what in style, and she tries her best to 'help' her sister with fashion because, 'They need it.' Afton is super peppy full of sass, and she and Claire can often be found arguing. Afton is quite well-meaning, but her sharp tongue can quickly get her into trouble.

Aug. 2018:
I had never really liked Kaya. Something about her hair/face mold combo just didn't strike me. I bought her off of Kijiji with a lot of other things, thinking I would sell her on. But once I straightened her hair I knew I would keep her. Now I think her face mold is one of my favorites.



Molly
Molly is a passionate fangirl if ever there was one. She loves reading, listening to music, and drawing. She has uncountable comic books, and she draws copies of her favorite book covers. Star Wars, Marvel, and roller skates are three of her favorite things ever created.
 Molly is also very gullible, making her the target of many jokes and pranks, but she is getting pretty good at Shaking It Off. XD


Aug. 2018:
Molly is the reason I bought the lot on Kijiji with Afton. She has been a favorite of mine far longer than Lanie has. I had always hoped I would find her and then there she was, only $160 for two dolls and the rest of the lot... $160 that I didn't have. Mom knew how much I wanted Molly, after all, Molly is Mom's all-time favorite AG doll. Maybe because Molly's story is set in the decade her mother grew up in, maybe because her name was going to be Molly, or maybe because Molly looks like her, My mom has a soft-spot for Molly. So, It ended up we split the cost, Mom bought Molly, I bought Afton.
Now that I have her I know I will always treasure my Olly Molly.

Comments

  1. Wow, you have a lot of dolls! I love reading other doll's personalities.

    ~Kaitlyn @ Kaits AG Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! IT WAS MOLLY AND KAYA AHHHHHHHH!!!! I am literally so over the moon excited that you got Molly! She's such an amazing doll! Molly is my mom's favorite AG doll too :) I loooove Taryn's shirt! Did you make it? Your dolls are all so beautiful! Love the pictures <3
    -Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad to have her. She is just sooo cute! Yes, my grandma got me fabric markers for my birthday, and they are great for putting designs on shirts!
      ~ The Human

      Delete
  3. Lovely commentary on your dolls. It's hard not to have favorites...mine tend to rotate. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts