Skip to main content

Featured Post

House of Spooks ~ Halloween Special

Hey guys. Happy Halloween! I'm super proud of this story, I just love how it turned out, and I hope you guys enjoy it too. I just give a really quick thank you to my awesome neighbors for letting me shot in this old house on their land. ❤️ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Any aces?" "Nope, go fish." "Hey, Em! You ready to go?" Emerson asked as she and Candy walked into the kitchen. Emily turned in her seat, "Emerson, I already told you, you're fourteen years old I'm sixteen years old. I'm not taking you trick-or-treating." "But Emily, Candy is still thirteen. This is her last chance to go out on Halloween, but her mom said she could only go if I went with her, and Mom said I can only go if you go!" Emerson argued. "Yeah, but Janet and I have plans." Emily replied. 'Where you going to play 'Go Fis

1930's ~ A Photo Story Series ~ Part 3




Charlie's POV

******************************************
After a few days of helping out around the farm, Katelyn had grown pretty used to us, and us to her.
We had become friends.



"That was so much fun!" Katelyn exclaimed as we came in from collecting the eggs from the chickens.


"Really?" Taryn asked skeptically.
"Yeah! It reminds me of home." Katelyn said, "I can't wait to get back there!"


I nodded.
"I'm excited for you but I'll be sad to see you go." I said.
"Well."Taryn interrupted, "I'm going to go have a nap."
But as she walked past Katelyn she stopped.


*Sniff sniff sniff*


Taryn quickly stepped back.
"What's wrong?" Katelyn asked.
"You smell disgusting!" Taryn cried.
"Well, I have been wearing this dress for a week." Katelyn answered, thoughtfully.


"I know what to do!" I shouted.


I began to dig through the closet.


"A little while ago I bought a dress." I explained,  "They advertised it was 30's style but I don't know. I thought it was cute but then I found out it didn't fit me after I bought it, and - Oh!"


"Here it is!" I said, displaying the yellow floral dress.


"It's just like one of mine!" Katelyn said.
"Well, Try it on!" I said excitedly.


"So?" I asked.


"I love it!" Katelyn said happily.


Later, while Taryn was sleeping, Katelyn and I played with my toys.


"This is so much fun! Thanks for playing with me, Katelyn!" I said.


"I'm having fun too! Oh, by the way, you can call me Kit. That's my nickname." Kit said.
"Wait. Kit... Kittredge? You mean you're Kit Kittredge?!" I asked.
"Um yep that's what my Mom and Dad called me."  She answered


Suddenly it dawned on me what had happened.
"OK." I said as I stood up, "Well, we have some more jobs for you to do. If you want to um, ah..."  I quickly looked around the room.
"Make the beds!" I exclaimed.


"I already made the beds today." Kit protested.


"Ah, that's alright! You can do them again!" I said, "Taryn and I need to talk about something. Right, Taryn?"
When Taryn didn't respond I said it it louder.


This time Taryn cried 'I'm up!' as she fell of the bed with a thud.
"As I said, we have stuff to talk about, right Taryn?" I said.


"Um, yeah." Taryn answered, taking the hint, "We have stuff to talk about. Like stuff... that we need to talk about."


"OK..." Kit said as she walked past us.


"To the living room." I whispered to Taryn.


"Now, what is so important that you had to wake me up?" Taryn asked.
"Taryn, do you know what Katelyn's nickname is?" I asked quietly, so Katelyn wouldn't hear me.
"Uh... Does it matter?" Taryn answered.


"It's Kit." I said slowly, ignoring her last question.
"Hey! A girl named Kit Kittredge started the most famous restaurant chain ever in the 50's!" Taryn said.
I nodded.


"Wait. You don't think Katelyn is the same girl...do you?" Taryn said mockingly, "How would that even be possible?"
"The time machine." I answered.

The End of Part 3

***********************************************
What do you guys think is going to happen next?

~ Charlie 

Comments

  1. Hmmm, this just got interesting! What will happen next? I must know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo series is so good! I wonder what will happen next :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH! Kinda cool how she started a restaurant chain! Creative 👍

    -Jewel
    https://www.dollnotebook.com/blogs/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts