Skip to main content

Featured Post

House of Spooks ~ Halloween Special

Hey guys. Happy Halloween! I'm super proud of this story, I just love how it turned out, and I hope you guys enjoy it too. I just give a really quick thank you to my awesome neighbors for letting me shot in this old house on their land. ❤️ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Any aces?" "Nope, go fish." "Hey, Em! You ready to go?" Emerson asked as she and Candy walked into the kitchen. Emily turned in her seat, "Emerson, I already told you, you're fourteen years old I'm sixteen years old. I'm not taking you trick-or-treating." "But Emily, Candy is still thirteen. This is her last chance to go out on Halloween, but her mom said she could only go if I went with her, and Mom said I can only go if you go!" Emerson argued. "Yeah, but Janet and I have plans." Emily replied. 'Where you going to play 'Go Fis

1930's ~ Photo Story Series ~ Part 2




"Ugh!" Taryn groaned for the millionth time, "I still can't believe it didn't work!"


"Yes." I agreed again.
When the door bell rang I jumped up to answer.


"I'll get it." I said.


"Oh um, Hi! Can I help you?" I asked as I opened the door.


It was a girl with blonde hair in a short bob, deep blue eyes, and she was wearing a retro style dress.
"Hi, uh I hope you can help me. See, I'm looking for a job. Do you have any work? I mean, if you don't it's OK too!"


"No, no. Please come in! I'm sure we have a few jobs around." I said quickly as I lead her inside.


"Taryn," I said as I came into the room, "Can you think of any jobs that need doing?"


"Uh-huh. Good for you." Taryn said, too absorbed in the TV to listen.


"Don't worry." I said to the girl, "She's always like that. By the way my name is Charlie. What's yours?"
"Katelyn Kittredge." She answered.
"I don't recognize your name, but I think I've meet you before." I said, trying to place her.


"Anyways, It's nice to meet you Katelyn! Now if you want you could make the beds. I could pay five dollars. Or more if that's not enough!" I said not wanting to offend her.


"Five dollars?!" Katelyn said in disbelief, "Sure thing!" and so she climbed up on the bed.

Later...


"I'm going to go get a snack." Taryn said as she stood up and walked toward the kitchen.



As Taryn came into the bed room she noticed Katelyn for the first time. 
"Hey!" She cried,"What are you doing?!"



"Um," Katelyn froze in the middle of putting a pillow on the bed. "I'm making the bed?" She answered in confusion.



"Why are you making my bed?!" Taryn shouted.



"What do you mean 'Why am I making your bed'?" Katelyn shot back.



"It doesn't matter! Just get out of our house!" Taryn said emphatically.



"OK. Sorry." Katelyn said, throwing her hands in the air.

After I Had Sorted Out The Argument And We Had Eaten Supper...



"Well I guess you'd better get home now, right?" Taryn said to Katelyn.
"Oh, uh, Right." Katelyn said.



"What's wrong?" I asked, seeing a look of sadness on her face.



"Well, I can't go home." She explained, "That's why I needed this job. To buy a train ticket back to Cincinnati, my home."



"Where is that?" Taryn asked.



"It's in Ohio." Katelyn answered.
"Wow. That's a long ways away." Taryn commented.



"Well, in that case, you can stay with us!" I invited.



"Ya! I mean as long as you don't mind sleeping on the floor." Taryn said.
"Really?" Katelyn asked hopefully.

Once Everyone Was In Bed...



 "Thanks for helping me out, guys." Katelyn said as she yawned.



"Your welcome, Katelyn. Good night."

The End of Part 2

*******************************************

Comments

  1. Ooh this is great! Is Katelyn staying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hmmm... I guess you have to wait for the next part to find out. >:)
      ~ Taryn

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! Katelyn's outfit is so cute! Can't wait for part 3☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Neither can I!
      ~ Katelyn
      P.S. I just answered my first comment! Yay!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts