Skip to main content

Featured Post

House of Spooks ~ Halloween Special

Hey guys. Happy Halloween! I'm super proud of this story, I just love how it turned out, and I hope you guys enjoy it too. I just give a really quick thank you to my awesome neighbors for letting me shot in this old house on their land. ❤️ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Any aces?" "Nope, go fish." "Hey, Em! You ready to go?" Emerson asked as she and Candy walked into the kitchen. Emily turned in her seat, "Emerson, I already told you, you're fourteen years old I'm sixteen years old. I'm not taking you trick-or-treating." "But Emily, Candy is still thirteen. This is her last chance to go out on Halloween, but her mom said she could only go if I went with her, and Mom said I can only go if you go!" Emerson argued. "Yeah, but Janet and I have plans." Emily replied. 'Where you going to play 'Go Fis
An Indoor Easter ~ An Easter Photo Story

6:15 am
Charlie's POV

The early morning light was just coming through the window. 'Just a little longer.' I thought.

Ruff!


"Not again." I said slowly rolling over. I looked down and saw exactly what I didn't want to see.


"No Boulder. Not again. I'm tired." I whispered.


Boulder put his front paws up on the bottom bunk.


He made a mighty leap onto the bed and sat down.
I tried not to move. I knew what was coming.


He began to push toward the pillows.


"No!" I said again as I sat up.


I began to fall as he kept squeezing forward.


"Oof!" I said as I hit the floor.


 Boulder seemed comfortable.


I sat up quickly, remembering something. 

'My first Easter.' I ran to the window to look out side and my heart sank at what I saw.

7:00 am


I lay on the floor, thinking about how Easter was ruined.


Just then Boulder decided to roll over...right onto Taryn.


She lay there for a second after Boulder left.



Then she sat up straight. "I slept in! I've got to get ready for church!"


She jumped out of bed and ran to the dresser to get her Easter dress.


Then she turned to look at me. "Charlie, why are you on the floor?"


"Because Easter is ruined." I said casually.


"How?!" Taryn said with concern. 


I stood up to tell her. 
"It SNOWED." I said with great emphasis on the word 'snow'.


"Is that all? Oh get dressed and ready for church and then we'll worry about snow." She said calmly.


"But what about the eggs?" I asked.


"Don't worry. I have a plan." Taryn said.

............


I got dressed and was waiting for Taryn.


I looked at the Easter baskets we had made for each other. Yesterday they had looked so bright and exciting, now they seemed to have lost their colour. I knew that wasn't what Easter was about. 'Today is the day Christ rose from the grave but did it really have to snow?' I thought.



"I'm finish Taryn called as she came over. 

So we went to church and it was a very good sermon. I had almost forgotten about what was outside.
When we got home I asked Taryn what we would do with the eggs.


For an answer she picked one up and tossed it at to me.
It fell on the floor in front of me and got egg all over me.


"Taryn!" I shouted angrily at her.


She was rolling on the floor laughing.


I giggled. "I guess it was a little funny." I said.
We went back and forth until there were no more eggs.


Next it was time for the baskets.


Taryn was opening hers.


Taryn got a green paper umbrella and I got a pink one.


I got a big piece of chocolate, chocolate kisses, and candy butterflies.


"Oh! I almost forgot!" Taryn said.


She walked over to the dresser and dug in the drawer for a moment.


She handed me a small white envelope.



I sat down to open it.


Inside was a card with three eggs on the front.


"It's beautiful!" I said.  
"Thanks." She answered.


Then she opened the one I made for her. It had a blue egg and a heart on the front.





"Well, We had better get our PJ's on." Taryn said.


Before she get away I wrapped her in a hug.


"Thank you for making my Easter special!" I said.

*******************************

Happy Easter, everyone!
 And don't forget why we celebrate. Today is the day Christ rose from the grace and saved us from our sin!
Thanks for reading!

~Charlie ❤


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts